ISO/IEC 20000:2018 (Part 1) is planned for release in Q4 of 2018, which will be a completely revised version of the existing international service management standard, ISO/IEC 20000:2011.
ISO/IEC 20000 is the international standard for service management, applicable to all service providers, regardless of type, size and nature of the services delivered. Among the companies adopting it, many have IT related service. Part 1 of ISO/IEC 20000 contains requirements for “establishing, implementing, maintaining and continually improving a service management system (SMS)”.
The standard was first published in 2005 with subsequent updated in 2011.
The anticipated primary changes to ISO/IEC 20000:2018, Part 1 include:
- High-level structure is adopted, for easier integration with other management system standards such as ISO 9001 (QMS), ISO 14001 (EMS), ISO 45001 (OHSMS), or ISO 27001 (ISMS).
- Terms and definitions are removed and replaced with reference to ISO/IEC 20000-10.
- New requirements for context of the organization and actions to address risks and opportunities are added.
- Requirements for documented information, resources, competence and awareness are updated.
- Additional requirements for service planning, knowledge, asset management, demand management and service delivery.
- Requirements for incident management and service request management are separated.
Possible Solutions by the SMS certified Organizations
- Arrange management and employees to attend the ISO 20000:2018 SMS training courses.
- Gap analysis.
- SMS updates.
- Implement regular internal.
- Management review.
- Continually improve the SMS.
- Transition Audit for certification upgrade.
Support by DQS
DQS Academy provides professional training courses and audit/certification service on ISO 20000-1 and ISO 27001:2013, to help clients to improve their service and information security management system, and reduce the risk of violation to the regulations.