A new standard, ISO 21001:2018 – Management systems for educational organizations (EOMS), has been released in May 2018.
Developed by project committee ISO/PC 288, ISO 21001:2018 is based on ISO 9001:2015 – Quality Management Systems, but it provides a specific framework for educational organizations that aim to enhance the satisfaction of their learners by improving the educational processes and ensuring conformity to learners’ requirements.
All requirements of ISO 21001:2018 are generic and intended to be applicable to any organization that uses a curriculum to support the development of competence through teaching, learning or research, regardless of the type, size or method of delivery.
ISO 21001:2018 can be applied to pre-schools, schools, colleagues, universities, vocational institutes, professional training organizations, and professional training departments of non-educational organizations.
Benefits from ISO 21001 Certification
- Enhance the reputation of educational institution
- Promote equal opportunities for all students
- More personalized learning and effective response to learners;
- Increased credibility of the organization;
- A culture for organizational improvement;
Support by DQS