IFS Food Standard
IFS – for whom?
First and foremost the standard addresses manufacturers of retailer branded products, as well as producers of proprietary brands that have been requested by food retailers to undergo such an assessment. Organizations throughout the food value chain take advantage of IFS to demonstrate their own activities in respect of food safety, food quality, and food legality.
- Suitable instrument of control for the fulfillment of requirements
- Improved confidence of consumers and retailers in the organization’s ability to perform Systematic analysis and implementation of safe and efficient processes in the interest of food safety
- Evidence that due diligence is used in respect of product safety, quality, and legality
- Less risk of product liability through demonstrated fulfillment of product safety obligations
- Mutual recognition of certificates